(FINALS) FIFA Fives Season 1 - Discussion & Banter

Discussion in 'Pro Clubs' started by Kani, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Gigi_Nesta

Gigi_Nesta Premium Member

Two teams. Spartan & Empire.

I can only comment on these two because I can see the discussions within the group chats.

Admins @Kani

Is there any chance you can do a poll to see what the 'ANY's thought?

ozzymozzy likes this.
  2. HookShot

HookShot Captain

@Kani can you create an avpl thread to move this discussion out of 5v5.

Skidz and Gigi_Nesta like this.
  3. Fletch3

Fletch3 Premium Member

Hahahahaha @DUSK2DAWN

DUSK2DAWN likes this.
  4. beanbag

beanbag Premium Member

This post got me thinking. The most fucked up thing about clubs this year is the stamina issue. With a community of over 5000 strong, surely we can make enough noise to get other people from around the world who feel the same way involved.
    @Kani plus other guys in the know, is there somewhere we can all flood and let them know our thoughts?
    Think about it, do we as a community risk another year of shit clubs without even trying to fix the issue by voicing our concerns?

Kani, Heis and Jvillebogan like this.
  5. Kani

Kani AUSFIFA's Evil Overlord

I'm going to speak directly to the EA Live Producer regarding the broken VP builds, stamina, and also some other improvements that could be made, such as the option to have ET and penalties in Pro Clubs friendlies. I'm also going to be querying him about the Pro Clubs app to see if it's possible to add some more stats (interceptions etc.) and also to see if we can start getting friendly matches tracked. It's worth a shot.
    Happy for you to start up a poll if you'd like.

6. Kido

Kido Captain

Could you tell him to improve the pro clubs servers?

7. Lebo_Unstoppable

Lebo_Unstoppable Captain

tell him to add team training that would be lit

Sir_F8, Jvillebogan, Twitchy and 2 others like this.
  8. Deaann

Deaann Superstar

Dont bring up stamina. Its not stamina thats the problem. Its the fact that you can have 96 stamina as 6'7 stocky or whatever.

Nerfing stamina would be bad for the game. Its just the builds. They need to change according to height and weight again. But the whole idea of never stopping growth is cool. As is having higher stats. Just shouldnt be all rounded. A st should never have 99 tackling. Needs to change based on position as it used to

AlexFIFA and Kani like this.
  9. Kani

Got sidetracked by the discussion that was happening today, but the FIFA Fives Pro League Finals fixtures have been available since this morning:

PS4 Pro League Finals
    Xbox Pro League Finals

The PS4 Challenger League promotion playoff bracket will be posted once all remaining regular season matches have been completed.

For those who aren't too familiar with the double elimination format:
    You basically get two chances. If you lose in the upper bracket, you drop down to the lower bracket. If you lose in the lower bracket, you're out of the finals. The grand finalists who qualify from the lower bracket have to win two fixtures, whereas the upper bracket grand finalists only have to win once.

---

AVPL Season 8 registrations and PS4 AVPL Division 1 qualifiers will be held during the FIFA Fives Pro League Finals. (Div 1 qualifiers most likely on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)

More information to come over the next few days.

The__R3D__eViL, AlexFIFA and Aidanski like this.
  10. beanbag

beanbag Premium Member

U da maan Kerri

Red_Warrior888, MattyW76 and Kani like this.
  11. Im_Collie

Im_Collie Captain

divisions for AVPL now?

12. ozzymozzy

ozzymozzy Premium Member

WEEZY likes this.
  13. Heis

Heis Captain

@Kani - With the new 5v5 finals structure (brackets), I get why this would work well for a randomly drawn H2H tournament but for a finals of a laddered season, what advantage is there for a team finishing 1st as opposed to 8th? From what I can tell, there is none (other than 1st playing 8th which is a very insignificant advantage)?

I've actually always thought the advantage of finishing top 2 in AVPL was too big (going straight to a prel final) but I think this final's structure is the other extreme. Can you share your thoughts why you've done it this way?

Edit: I put this in the wrong thread sorry.

WEEZY, DmAuViIrD, ozzymozzy and 4 others like this.
  14. Kani

League play/groups followed by double elimination finals is quite common in eSports. The league was significantly short, not even a month long. The finals are almost the same length. We see it as a two part competition rather than just a league followed by finals.

You said so yourself, 1v8 is an insignificant advantage, and that's very true because all 8 teams are fairly equal in a comp where there are almost no predetermined advantages (numbers, GK, AI). The top 6 are only separated by 5 points, compared to 19 points in the last AVPL season. It wouldn't make sense to give the top 2/3/whatever such a significant advantage when they're all pretty much on the same level.

Heis likes this.
  15. Dizza96

Dizza96 Captain

Should just run like the afl finals

Heis and Simo like this.
  16. Simo

Simo Captain

It is now the only thing that the AFL does well. No doubt that will change it in a few years and the whole comp will be a joke.

Dizza96 likes this.
  17. Heis

Heis Captain

Ok thanks. IMO for a team to finish 8th and get a double chance exactly the same as 1st place, I simply don't agree with it. Hopefully there's better options for a finals structure in future if others also feel the same way?

Also, can the admin team disclose the finals structures at the start of the season? We were playing our final 2 rounds with no knowledge of if there was an advantage for finishing top 2 or where we'd prefer to finish, etc.

18. Kani

The finals format was in the info section of the competition right from when it was announced:

Finals Format
    • 8 team double elimination bracket. (1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5)
    • Matches are played over two legs. (aggregate)

Heis likes this.
  19. Heis

Heis Captain

Fair enough then. I must have missed it then as I thought it just said "double elimination finals" or something like that which our team weren't sure of what that meant anyway. I may have misread it then. Apologies.

Skidz and Kani like this.
  20. HookShot

HookShot Captain

It definitely needs to be changed for future iMO. Needs to have reward for top two. Yes top 8 was close in points but that means top two played well to get there.

Skidz and DmAuViIrD like this.